Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Imaculate Degeneration and Bird Friendly Beans

While we spent some time at the cabin, we went to check out Midway, which is a really cute little town! We ordered gourmet pizza and ate at an outdoor cafe - where my dad ordered organic, bird friendly, grown in the shade, environmentally suitable coffee. How do I know the coffee was that good? The coffee cup told us! What is bird friendly coffee, anyway?!

Afterwards, we toured a really cute boutique in a barn. While we wandered through, McKenzie discreetly passed some really bad gas. My mom asked her about it, and McKenzie said, "It's just my breath, it's okay!" We laughed so hard, we had tears running down our cheeks!

Grandma Dona had spent the weekend with us, too, and while I was driving home she was telling me about her macular degeneration. However, she had a slip of the tongue and called it "immaculate degeneration" a few times. I've heard of immaculate conception, but I'm really not quite sure how that effects her eyes. Hmm...

Grandma also had a few colorful conversations with me, that included the word "doggy style" and and a few choice parts of anatomy, that I am electing not to blog about. It was entertaining and uncomfortable all in one. Either way, I've officially decided that McKenzie is genetically prone to her "Kenzie-isms" thanks much to Grandma Dona. And if this weekend was any indication, I think our conversations with my daughter are only going to get more colorful!

0 comments: