Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Perfect!




Today was our ultrasound. And to sum it all up, I will use the same word the technician repeated several times throughout the procedure "Perfect". Could any word make an expectant mother breath any easier? I think not.








I love ultrasounds. Sure, I got jelly all over my pants, but I did get a glimpse at my baby! It was so exciting to watch and feel the kicks and jerks and twists at the same time. And I love watching Cris during the ultrasounds. He may deny it, but, I honestly think that with McKenzie (and this baby, too) it's a time when the baby becomes real to him. We've had so much struggle keeping babies that even though he cares SO much, he tries to remain just a little detached 'just in case'. But when he sees his baby dancing on the screen, a visible change washes over him. So much so, that after the ultrasound, he was easily convinced to stop at the Baby Gap to pick out an outfit for the new baby. Cris clothes shopping? At a "yuppy joint", even? Who woulda thunk?








So enough blabber. How about some pictures? And some results? Here we go:






Here are two profile shots. I thought they turned out nice because you can fairly easily make out the shape of the face. Look at the cute little nose!







And this is what the technician called the "money shot". He said it should anser any questions about gender.






Didn't pick up on the sex of the baby? Don't feel bad, I didnt either.




We are happy to announce that most of you readers who voted on the sex of the baby were wrong (myself included); WE ARE HAVING A GIRL! I have to say I was a little surprised because this pregnancy has been so different from my last, I convinced myself that this one must be a boy. But, although I am surprised, I couldnt be happier. My drive home was filled with day dreams of McKenzie and her little sister playing and being the best of friends (and probably worst of enemies) I am so excited to have my two little girls here! The funny thing is McKenzie knew it was a girl all along. When someone would ask her if she was having a brother or sister, she was adamant it was a girl. Well, until this morning. But that doesnt really count, right? :)


Our due date remains the same: Baby Girl Dew is due October 13, 2oo8 (or maybe a few days earlier, if I have my wish. No need in overshadowing McKenzies birthday with all of the other changes she's supposed to get acclimated to, right?) YAY!


Oh, and here are some pictures of the cute outfits daddy picked out for his new little girl. (Although, he was quick to point out the savings we'll enjoy knowing we can reuse some of McKenzies old things)




I LOVE this dress. Since the baby is coming in the fall, it was hard to find something appropriate. But, we bought a darling white sweather to go over the top of this if it gets too cold and with a pair of tights, it should be just right.
This is the onsie Cris just HAD to have. Enough said.
(If you cant read it, it says "I'd rather be naked")

2 comments:

Leeann said...

I've been checking in all day!!!! Yay for you!!!! My two oldest daughters are the BESTEST of friends. You will LOVE LOVE LOVE having 2 little girls. LOVE it.

Unknown said...

Yay! Congrats! That is fantastic!!!