Monday, June 2, 2008

A few fun pics

Last week I took McKenzie to the Discovery Gateway childrens museum. She had been there before with Cris and with Grandma and Grandpa Dew, but it was a first time for me. It was such a fun place! It was great to take her somewhere where she could touch and play with absolutely anything! (Really, how often does that happen?) The big hits were of course the water area, the ball zone and the wind tunnels she sailed paper cups into the air with. It was a great way to spend a rainy afternoon!




This is her intently watching a cupcake cup decend to earth after being launched into the air with the wind tunnel. She loved to try and catch them as they came back down!




This weekend, work was pretty slow, so I left a few hours early one day. We decided to go take McKenzie bowling for the first time. We got a lane with the bumpers and a little ramp for her to launch her ball off of, and she loved it! And she did quite well, scoring more points than me! (Cris loves to point out that fact) The arcade section was a little bit of a distraction to her while she waited for her turn, but only a minor hiccup along the way.







It's getting fun having an 'older' kid that we can take out to new activities. It's nice to not worry about packing up the bottles and the diapers and a million other necessities for a short trip to the store. Starting over with another new one does seem a little daunting at times (especially when I think of grocery shopping with two kids! EEEK!) But, like most changes in life, I am sure we will adjust and what seems scary now will soon be routine.





Pregnancy is getting exciting! Cris can now watch my belly move & feel the kicking limbs when the baby does it's aerobics. TOMORROW MORNING IS MY ULTRASOUND, and I cant wait to find out a little more about who is in there causing all of the ruccus in there! I will post pictures of the ultrasound tomrorow for sure, so be sure to check back!

3 comments:

Alison said...

Cute pics! If you ever have a boring day and can take the drive, you should take her up to the Treehouse Museum in Ogden. It's sort of like Discovery Gateway, but has all different stuff. It's really neat!

sarawhat said...

Such cute pictures. What is killing me the most looking at these is her HAIR!! She has such amazing girl on a two year old. It kills me!

Leeann said...

Looks like you guys had fun! I've always wanted to take the babies to the children's museum, but havent done it yet.
I can't wait to find out what you're having!