Sunday, June 8, 2008

Almost Over

We are sitting in the airport waiting out the two hours before our flight leaves. I absolutely hate waiting, but at the moment it does feel nice to sit and do nothing for a minute or two. Luckily, Cody had the smarts to pack his laptop and I had the guts to take control of it while he stepped away for a minute or two.

Our trip has been wonderful! We ate delicious meals at PF Changs, the Rainforest Cafe and the awesome buffet inside Planet Hollywood. The Price Is Right show was lots of fun, although at the end we were all a little bummed none of us had our names called to play. Last night, we gave up on the comedy show and decided to instead tour the shark reef at the Mandalay Bay. That was pretty cool! I wish McKenzie could have been there to see all of the neat exhibits - she would have loved it. We did a little shopping and a whole bunch of wandering through the sights of the strip, and I feel like we put on a good 30 miles of walking.

RECAP:

WHAT DID I LEARN?: Wear the ugly comfortable shoes. If you end up with blisters and a limp, it really doesnt matter that cute shoes you're sporting look awesome with your outfit.

MANDATORY FUNNY STORY: We were stuck in a cab involved in a road rage incident with another cabbie. They were fighting over the road, trying to run each other off of the road and honking like crazy. Our cabbie had a wild look in his eyes, and although I can see a little humor in it now, it was actually pretty scary. Sad thing is, our driver was in the wrong and scared the holy crap out of some poor older people in the other taxi.

SAD FACT: I learned that I look much older than my husband. If I played a game, no one questioned my age. He, on the other hand, couldn't turn around without having to prove his age.

I had been thinking of all sorts of other great stories that happened on our trip, but at the moment they elude me. Maybe I am distracted by the "interesting" people parading in front of me here in the terminal. Some of them make me wonder...

I will be back later to post a few pictures.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds like it was a lot of fun!

Alison said...

Try being 12 years younger than your husband and STILL looking older. Waahhhhh!!!