Saturday, June 14, 2008

Junk Mail

The company I work for is big into environmental sustainability. Just about every week we get (sometimes outragous and annoying) suggestions for us to impliment in our lives to save the planet. This week, I found the tip actually interesting. They had a brief article on the hazards of junk mail. They said the average American gets over 40 pounds of unsolicited junk mail a year (is that all?) - and more than 100 million tons end up in landfills. They also shared a website where you can opt out of a lot of junk mail for a 5 year period. It may not eliminate it all, but I am happy that it at least gets rid of the annoying credit card pre-approvals I get everyday. If you are interested, you can opt out at this link. Now don't say I didnt do my part! :)

2 comments:

Alison said...

Thank you! I went and signed myself up!

Stacy said...

I dont know whats going on! I think the cops tried to talk to someone, but no one would answer the door. All four officers sat in the driveway for over an hour talking to each other and then they drove away! I haven't seen either of them since (but that isnt unusual). Who knows?!