Saturday, June 28, 2008

It's So Quiet

My house just doesn't feel the same this evening. The TV is off. There's no rush to get dinner on the table. And no welcome home hugs and kisses. It's kinda nice, in a sad sort of way. I saw McKenzie and Cris last night, but already I miss them. I think I've called him 3 times to check in, and I am certain he's taking it as a sign I am doubting him (which I'm not) and getting rather sick of me bothering them. I was supposed to help a couple from work learn vista on their computer tonight, but they had some last minute plans come up and cancelled. Now, I have no plans for the whole evening. It's a weird feeling! I have a book I'd like to read, some laundry and cleaning I could work on - but nothing that really has to be done. Plus, I am lacking motivation and I just don't know where to start without a deadline pushing me. Honestly, I'd rather be getting the nursery ready for paint, but I'll be in big trouble if I move the furniture out by myself. Maybe I'll take the evening off and call myself a slacker! Now wheres that Janet Evanovich book? I'm sure I'll be sleep deprived and bleary eyed in the morning, but it sounds SO worth it right now! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi I guess my last comment didnt happen. I love you keep up the good work. Your a good example of a mom for Mckenzie and the new one. Dont worry about what others think. or say. They dont matter.Remember who loves you and do the right things by them. Pres Hinkley had alot to say about working moms at a womens conference I went to. Your doing great. I love you. (And the rest of the family) Keep trying to be the best you can. Love Jan

Jess and Broadie said...

Hey QT Pie ... you are just too cute ... I would be a slacker as well :) and I am sleep deprived today because of Janet Evanovich ... I read her # 12 book ... and I stayed up all night and read the whole thing .... it was good fun :) tired today though :) Hope all is well and I miss you, we need to go to Bear Lake, Let me know when you want to go, weekdays are good for me since that is when you are off work. Im up for whatever :) Loves