Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Choo, Choo!

McKenzie stayed with Aunt Ashli and Grandma Terri while Cris and I went to the ultrasound appointment this morning. They had told her that if she was a good girl, they would take her to go see the trains at the Tooele train museum. (A few weeks ago, she begged Grandma and Grandpa Dew to take her for a ride on a train. And an airplane, too, but that may have to wait.) When Cris and I got back, we were told that she held up pretty well at dance class (the first outdoor class so far) and deserved to see the trains. We stopped for lunch while we waited for the museum to open, and then Ashli, Terri, McKenzie, Cris and I went to the museum. Amazingly, she thought it was pretty cool. She was able to walk up the stairs onto several of the different trains, check out a pretend mine shaft, and one of the women in the museum gave her a piece of fools gold. Not a bad activity, especially for free! For anyone interested in it, the museum is on the corner of Vine and Broadway and is open from 1-4 Tuesday - Saturday. (Saturdays the best day to go - they offer free train rides on a miniture train around the park for the kids) They are currently building a pavillion for picnic lunches, too. Here's a few of many pics we took this afternoon:





At least one of us is looking at the camera!


Tomorrow, Grandpa Randy is planning on taking McKenzie and I to the Heber Creeper. (We'll see if he still wants to do it after we remind him it's a 3 hour train ride...with a 2 year old... and a decent car ride to get there. But if he's still game, I'm up for it!) In any event, the summer of a million activities is off to a fine start! Thursday is the first day of our summer movie pass, and Friday Cris and I fly out for Vegas with Ashli and Cody! Whoo-hoo! We are hoping to see the Price is Right while we're there, and maybe an improv comedy show. I can't wait! A little adult time sounds nice! (Okay, maybe not that adult. It is Vegas, afterall.)

2 comments:

Leeann said...

You'll have to let me know how the Heber thing goes. I have a little boy that would absolutely love to do it.

Unknown said...

Oh hey - I forgot to tell you that we found an awesome LDS baby-sitter in Vegas. I'll be using her next time I go down for sure. So if you are looking for a baby-sitter while you are there, let me know and I'll give you her info.