Thursday, June 5, 2008

Tuesday Tell All: Sight

Amy and Allison have started a Tuesday Tell All, asking us all to publish a post on a given topic every week. (for those of you who want to join the TTA brigade, Allison has offered to post the topics on her blog every Friday to allow for time to prepare your post) This weeks topic is sight. And I am sorry I am getting to it a little late this week! I had a really hard time choosing what to write on. Many amazing thoughts crossed my mind, from the first moment I saw my daughter, to watching her first magical step, to the beauty of nature.

However, I decided to go a completely different direction. One of my favorite sights is the way my daughter greets me when I come home from work. The minute she hears the garage door open she squeals in delight and runs to her post near the laundry room door. As I walk into the laundry room from the garage, I can hear her giggle in anticipation. I see Cris sitting in the living room with a smirk on his face, laughing at his daughter. As I come in from the laundry room, she jumps out in front of me and yells "Boo! I scare you!" Her face is so proud and delighted that she may have bested mom, and she glows from the excitement. Then, she throws herself in my arms and covers me with kisses and tight squeezes. I never feel more loved and I can't imagine a better welcome home. Thanks for making me feel like you miss me, McKenzie, and greeting me with those HUGE smiles and loves.

1 comments:

Alison said...

Thanks for doing this, Stacy! I was getting very discouraged because Amy was the only one who had responded so far. :)

I love when you post multiple messages on one day! Blog checking is the highlight of my day!