Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Tuesday Tell All: Smell

I am still not entirely sure what I want this post to be about. The pregnancy hormones have kicked my sense of smell into overdrive, and when I think about the word 'smell' only the unpleasant ones come to mind. For example: the bathroom at work smells like dead fish first thing in the morning. I walk in and gag as soon as I enter. Each morning this week I have been sitting at my desk in discomfort as long as possible, delaying the inevitable. Strangely enough, the smell disappears before lunch, but the peanut jumping on my bladder doesn't allow me to wait that long. I dont even want to think about a cause for the smell.


Other smells that didn't bother me before but do now: cooking meat and raw potatoes (I think it's because I found a smelly rotten one in the bottom of the bag, and somehow the connection has been established in my hormonal brain)


On the other side of the spectrum, a few of my favorite smells are: baking bread, newborn babies, Bath & Body Works mandarine lime lotion, the smell of a brand new book, the 'new car' scent, freshly washed laundry and the air after a spring rainstorm.

0 comments: