Friday, June 13, 2008

Neighbors

Here I sit, innocently updating my blog. I happened to look out the window and I noticed a police car pull into my cul-de-sac. I look closer, and there are already three other police cars parked at the neighbors house across the way - a house that you can often hear yelling and screaming coming from. A house where the man has locked the woman out of the house and she used an ax to break her way in. She also used her company truck as a battering ram to both of their garage doors (it's a good look). The man has also lit their nice vinyl fence on fire just for fun. (I am SO glad our properties don't touch!!) All sorts of other crazy things have happened there, but if I told you about them, you wouldnt believe me.

Our neighborhood is actually really good, minus this one sore spot marring the community. Thank heavens there are no children in the home. I also don't think it's one of them picking on the other, or I would feel like I should step in and help them out. In fact, I have tried offer help a few times when the woman is yelling from the front lawn or honking her horn for more than 20 minutes straight, but then I become a target of the hostility. I've pretty much just given up and steer clear of them. It's sad to say, but Cris and I have said we wouldnt be the least bit surprised to one day find out they killed each other off. That's how much they love tormenting each other.

So, what do you do with gems of neighbors like these? Although they are pretty crazy, we've never seen any actual abuse. They never harm anyones property besides their own. How can you get them help? Do you wait for a law to be broken or someone to get hurt? Or do you feel guilty and just turn your back to them and ignore it all as I have been doing? We've tried to visit with them when things aren't hostile, but not once in five years have they ever opened the door when we've knocked. In fact, they dont return a wave when you pass them on the street. It's a little awkward. Any ideas?

1 comments:

Alison said...

Stacy, I read this the day you posted, but hadn't commented yet. It totally cracked me up! But I was scared for you at the same time.

So, did they get hauled off by the cops, or what? We need a follow up!!