Thursday, June 4, 2009

Two Thirds of a Year

Allison is officially eight months old. It's been a hard milestone for me to swallow. For some reason 8 months seems incredibly close to a full year. Where did the time go?!

We're also under some big adjustments in our house because she is now officially mobile! She's been rolling around the house for several weeks, then she learned to sit up from laying down, and now she's officially crawling! I can't believe it! She's also pulling up to stand and is pretty good on her legs, so I won't be surprised if walking isn't too far off. It's exciting and fun... but I'm not looking forward to the bumps and bruises that her new freedom will inevitably bring.

She's a good little eater! She likes oatmeal and veggies, but doesn't usually care much for the fruits or juices. However, most of the time she prefers to eat whatever the family is having. She has an uncanny knack of identifying dinner time, and has a way of guaranteeing herself a spot on my lap.

She still hasn't mastered sleeping through the night, which is my only complaint. However, it's not horrible - she wakes up around 2am to eat, and goes right back to sleep. I might also have to get up once or twice to help her find a binkie.

She's learned to give kisses, but doles them out stingily - saving the majority of them for Grandma. She claps, sometimes waves bye-bye and mimics just about every sound - including "no, no, no" when we have to take something away from her. My favorite sound is when she scrunches her face up until her nose wrinkles and she snorts over and over again! Too cute!

This afternoon my mom was over helping me paint the hallway in our home. Allison was sitting on the floor of her room, where she could still see us, playing with some toys. She grabbed her baby brush, and rubbed it up and down on the door over and over again, all while looking so proud of herself! I swear she was trying to paint, too!

She's a super happy, easy going baby (unless you don't feed her fast enough) that always has a smile on her face. We love her so much and can't wait to see her next set of tricks. Even if right now I'm remembering when she was a newborn who nuzzled under my chin and would fall asleep on my chest. I miss those quiet cuddles, but, I love this stage too - who wouldn't want a full beam smile on a bouncy baby SO excited just to see ME every morning!

Love you, babe!

1 comments:

Mindy said...

I hear ya, Stace. That first year has flown by for us too, and now I have an 11 month old. Where did my baby go?? She sounds so sweet and good natured! Every mom deserves at least one of those!