Thursday, July 16, 2009

Pink Oreos

I was feeling domestic earlier this week, so while Alli took a cat nap, McKenzie and I made home-made oreo cookies. Her only requirement: pink icing. "Pink like a lady, mom!" Go figure!


The cookies turned out great, and McKenzie and I had a really nice time together. However, she did, burn her finger on a warm cookie sheet. I grabbed a cool cloth and asked her if she was okay. With her little lip quivering, she looked at me with the saddest puppy dog eyes and told me that a cookie would make it better. How could I resist?

So, I sat her down at the table with a big cookie and a glass of milk. She took a few bites, stuck out her lip, and complained that the pink frosting wasn't working for her burn. "Next time, we'll have to try blue frosting - it's tougher, mom!"

1 comments:

Kristy said...

I LOVE homemade oreos...did you make extra haha :)