Thursday, February 5, 2009

Things that made me laugh at work

To enter my office at work, I have to walk past the Asset Protection office and show my badge. Last week as I walked by, one of the AP guys pointed to my bag and told me I couldn't bring a laptop computer inside. It was my pump bag (like this picture), so I said, "Oh, it's not a laptop". Then the conversation went like this:

AP: Really, you can't bring a computer in here.

Me: I know, but it's not a computer. (start walking)

AP: Stop! You can get fired for bringing in your own computer!:

Me: IT'S NOT A COMPUTER. It's a pump.

AP: A pump? (totally confused)

Me: Yes, my boss knows about it, its fine. (start walking again)

AP: I don't think I can let you in!

ME: (a little exasperated) Remember when I was pregnant? Well, I had a baby. I breastfeed that baby. And while I am at work, I use a breast pump. That's whats in this bag: a breast pump. Okay?

The AP guy turned a little green, and still hasn't made eye contact since that day.


-----------------------------


As most of you know, I have a sweet tooth. At work, my friend shares my addiction, so we often bring in snacks to share. For months, we've been noticing that when we leave something there overnight, we may not have the same amount when we get back. Example: we might open a bag of pretzels and before we leave, close them up and put them in our desk drawer. The next day, there is half as much as what we left. It's no biggie, we don't need that many snacks after all. But, we do find it funny because no one has ever mentioned anything about it. No admission. No thank you's. Nothing.
A little while ago, my friend and I opened a great big box of milk duds. We each had 2 or 3, but they didn't hit the spot, so we put them away. The next day (only 12 hours later) we came to work and there was ONE milk dud in that great big box (the milk carton type). Really? Did you think we wouldn't notice? You left one? ONE?! If you are trying to be sneaky, why not take the whole box and hide the evidence? Maybe then we would think we misplaced our snacks? I guess they didn't want to feel greedy by eating the whole box? LOL!

3 comments:

Shelese said...

lol, I guess it hit the spot for them. That's so funny!

Lacey Sue said...

When my family flew to california when Aspen was 2 months old, I also had to pack a pump. The airports, being what the airports are these days...put my baggage through the x-ray thing and instant panic erupted...they ripped my bag off the thing, pulled me out of like and into a little room, where they scanned it again, asking me over and over...whats in your bag miss? Me being totally confused kept saying "There is nothing in my bag...there is clothes, makeup, medication..." I didn't know what they were looking at...then they RIPPED my bag OPEN and dug out my breast pump...one guy was paniced and kept saying really loud "THIS lady, THIS! What is THIS?!" I laughed then, and I am sure my face was bright red..I said
"It's a breast pump sir...you know..for breast milk." He quickly put it back in the bag, and returned my bag to me...never once saying "sorry"...

Unknown said...

Hi there! I found your blog while browsing! Just wanted to leave a quick comment and say that I enjoy your post!