Thursday, September 3, 2009

Dinosaurs!

I was feeling stir crazy, so I took the girls to the dinosaur museum in Ogden for the first time today. Even though I wrote down the wrong exit number, we eventually made it, and the girls were WONDERFUL! It was a peaceful (and long) car ride, Alli happily rode in her stroller when we got there, and McKenzie didn't run off or misbehave. What more could a mom ask for, right?
Here's a few of my favorite snapshots:
McKenzie and her typical goofy pose.
She thought she was SO cool when I took this picture!
The girlies riding a big lizard-dinosaur thing in the park.
Allison on a turtle. She was so proud of herself, isn't it adorable!

Ride 'em cowgirl!

I wish I had my video camera when we toured the indoor museum. But, to tell the story, I have to provide a little background... This summer, Cris and the girls toured the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Pointe with some of Cris' family. While they were there, McKenzie heard some of the dinosaur noises in the background and asked Aunt Ashli, "Did you hear that? Maybe some dinosaurs are still alive!"

So... today when McKenzie saw the animatronic dinosaurs that moved and made noise, she was a little frightened. She inched up closer and closer to the fence. Then, she muttered, "I told Ashli some dinosaurs are still alive!" I think I laughed the rest of the way through the park! I love that girl!

3 comments:

MalMoore said...

What a nerd! :D

Lacey Sue said...

So much fun!! That is a riot! How fun the innocence of youth, your going to have to remind her of that cute little comment when she's 16 and getting ready for a date...that might keep her humble :)!

Jess and Broadie said...

Your girls are getting so big, and they are so adorable, I am glad you guys had fun! McKenzie, I agree, I think Dinos do still live, they are just very sneaky!