Friday, October 2, 2009

Happy First Birthday, Allison!



Tomorrow my baby turns one! Already? It seems like the time has flown by in the blink of an eye, but yet I can't remember us not having her as part of our family. I thought I'd share a few things about her:

She LOVES to eat! Although her size may not reflect how much she takes in, our little girl is rarely seen without something in her mouth. She has refused baby food for months, but hasn't found a regular food she doesn't love. Her favorites are apples, ice cream, lasagna and celery.

She's very good on her feet! She's a great walker and chases her sister and I wherever we go.



She loves to hold her hand to her ear and pretend to talk on the phone. She'll say "Hi!" and "Daddy!" over and over again, all day long.



She loves to throw anything she can find into the bathtub, and say "Uh oh!" over and over again.




She loves the telephone and remotes, and we're constantly trying to hide them from her. She usually outsmarts us and we end up with a drool covered telephone.



She is a scavenger and thinks the world is her buffet. She'll run for the dirt as soon as we're outside and fill her mouth if I'm not quick enough. She loves when the garbage can is full enough she can reach inside for a "treat". She picks up bits of paper off of the floor for a snack. And yes, she has been found playing in the toilet - so the new catch phraze at our house is "Did you shut the lid?" I know it sounds like I don't watch her and my house is a mess, but this kid is good at her craft!



Her favorite things are two cheap pillows I bought at Ikea for a buck. She sleeps with them every night, carries them around the house, jumps on them and sits on them. It's adorable to watch her cuddle with them. They are threadbare and starting to fray, but I can't imagine throwing them out.

When we say "Alli Cat!" she can't resist smiling and comes running to us. Her one dimple shows with a smile, and her super kissable cheeks beg for some lovin'!
We love you, Allison! Have a happy birthday!








4 comments:

Gentri said...

She cannot be one already! Where has this year gone?

MalMoore said...

The fourth picture down I can see some resemblance of Trevin in there. Something about the eyes.

Mindy said...

Yay! Happy Birthday!

Lacey Sue said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!