Thursday, October 1, 2009

School Pictures

McKenzie brought home her school pictures yesterday. Not just any school pictures - her very first school pictures! They shouldn't have been a surprise because I'd filled out the order form and written out the check a few weeks ago. But, when I opened that envelope I got a little misty eyed! The pictures were a reminder of how big she's getting! She's in school now, has friends and functions very well without me - something she likes to remind me of everyday when she begs me not to walk her to her classroom. She can do it by herself, thank you very much!


The photograph may not have captured her best smile, or highlighted the twinkle in her eye. In fact, her hair is a little messy from playing on the playground and the photo is a little off center. But I LOVE this picture. For some reason it seems like an all important milestone. Or maybe a glimpse of whats to come. Here's to 14 more years of her school pictures to make me cry!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

I love it! She is soooo stinkin cute!

Robbie and Mindy said...

She is a doll. School pictures really do make them look so old. I shed a few tears when I got Canyon's last year.