Monday, October 29, 2007

The most wonderful day

Have you ever had one of those perfect days, where everything just makes you so thankful for what you have? Today was one of those. I ended up not needing to go in to work today, so Cris and I had a day off together for the first time in what seems like years. McKenzie stayed up late last night, so she actually let me sleep in. I slept until NINE! NINE!

We decided to take McKenzie to Gardner Village to see the Halloween decorations. McKenzie NEVER sleeps in her car seat, but she did today. Before we had even left Tooele, her head was slumped over to the side. It was the first time I have driven to Salt Lake and not had to listen to Elmo play on the DVD player. Cris and I actually had a chance to have an adult conversation! Wowsers!

When we got to Gardner Village, McKenzie was SO excited! She saw the horses first thing and couldnt wait to get to them. They were offering pony rides, but we have tried to have her sit on one in the past and she freaked out a little. We decided to pass on the ponies, and went to the petting zoo instead.





After she was through, she kept hanging on the fence with the ponies. She was mesmorized. I felt myself start to cave, but Cris was worried that she might not hold on and get hurt. McKenzie and I both flashed him our best puppy-dog eyes and he relented. It was the best $3 we ever spent! She had so much fun and thought she was such a big girl! She got a little grumpy for the first time when we told her we had to leave, but even then, it wasn't major.

We put McKenzie back in the car seat, after browsing through the Village, and she zonked right out again. On the way home, we decided it might be a good day to have some family pictures taken with the fall leaves. I called my mom, who agreed to meet us in the canyon, and we got some really cute shots. Thanks, mom!





After that, McKenzie played quietly with daddy while I made dinner. They cleaned up before I was done and now the house is clean, McKenzie has had her bath, the dishes are done and I have a few free minutes to share our fun with you. Did I mention today was a GREAT day?

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Wow, good faces make for great photos.......fun.
Just remember to watch where you're walking in the canyons....I just may have to throw my shoes away.

Love
mom

Stacy said...

Whoa! Talk about a long blog entry!

Jess and Broadie said...

Those pictures are adorable!! I love the family photos! How cute... you have a cute family, and I know how you feel when you have a "perfect" day... I wish those days happened more often