Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Battle of Wills

Yesterday, I told Cris that I was trying to give up drinking soda. I normally don't drink much of it, but while I was pregnant, I craved it like no other! I think the habit stuck and I had way more than I should. But, I didn't like the feeling of needing a Dr. Pepper. That, and my mom gave me a guilt trip, telling me that women who average one soda a day have a 60% increase for getting diabetes. So, I decided I needed to be done. Cold turkey. AHHH!

I asked Cris if he wanted to give up soda with me, and you should have seen him laugh! He has a bigger addiction to soda than I, and really no desire to stop. After a little fun teasing, he agreed to give up soda, if we could make it into a challenge. However, he said that his addiction was stronger than mine, so I had to give up candy as well. I agreed, as long as he stays away from fast food. To make it interesting, the person who gives in to temptation first must buy the other a prize. He said he wanted hunting equipment, and I told him he could buy me a spa package.

I can't bear the thought of him rubbing his victory in my face, so I am pretty motivated. Sanctuary Day Spa, here I come! :)

Oh, and is it cheating to have a cold Mountain Dew waiting for him when he gets home from work? LOL!

1 comments:

Shelese said...

All is fair in war. I say ice cold!