Friday, March 20, 2009

Paper and Stickers and Glue! Oh my!

I'm getting ready to go to the scrapbook expo. It still feels really funny saying those words. I always secretly laughed and the crazy ladies who packed up all of their scrapbooking supplies, waited in hours of lines and all sit together in a great big room cutting and gluing pictures. What was the big deal?

My mother and sister in law started going, and came back with reports of how crowded the place was, how crazy people dressed up in matching jammies with their friends and how hectic the whole experience was. "No thank you!" I thought. But, they did bring home some pretty great deals and some really cute products.

After a few years of them hounding me, I finally gave in. I think this will be my fourth or fifth expo. And you know what, I really do like it. I love to scrapbook, so a weekend of that - without children interrupting is blissful. We've come up with a few of our own traditions, and I enjoy spending that time with Ashli and Terri. We've taken tons of fun classes, and a class or two that was pretty pointless. However, I still look forward to every March and September when the expo rolls around.

But, there are a few things that I am sitting her dreading:

  • The long admission lines. People start lining up at midnight the day before. What the heck?! Ladies, your pictures will still be ready for cropping when the sun is up!
  • The crowd. Whats up with people who suddenly stop in the middle of an aisle and have an in depth conversation. This place is crowded - Move it or I'll be tempted to plow you over! (Ok, I never really would do that, but I can't say I'm not tempted to tackle a few people every year)
  • People who are never on time. For the sake of my mother and sister-in-law, I will not name names. LOL! :)
  • Loading up and carrying my junk. Do you know how heavy paper is?!
  • And by far the very worst: the bathrooms.

Maybe its the insane number of same-sex people crammed into one building. Maybe its the glue fumes? Or maybe it's the Mexican food in the concessions stand. I do not know. But whatever it is, those bathrooms reek! And it gets worse as the weekend wears on. We're talking plug your nose, hold your breath, run in only when you are certain you'll pee your pants if don't go NOW. It's horrible!

Last year, I was pregnant at both expos. It was not pleasant. Smell = puking. Not fun. And this year, I'm still not certain I won't gag. So this year, my only request is, ladies, do you really need to do that in public?

2 comments:

Jess and Broadie said...

You are so funny, you know I am on the same page, I always gag when I go into a public restroom and it reeks!! Seriously isn't there an unwritten rule that you can't poop in a public restroom (I never do ...eeewww, GIRLS DON'T POOP!) haha jk but GOOD LUCK and have FUN

Mindy said...

Hilarious, Stacey! You are so funny! Good luck! It sounds like a lot of fun!