Saturday, November 29, 2008

Just Braggin'

No sense in hiding it, I'm just gonna come out and say it: this post is all about bragging about my little cutie pants!

But, look at that picture and tell me I'm not justified? :)

Allison is the happiest baby. Sweet, content, and very alert. She spends most of her waking moments smiling (although I am hard pressed to get an actual picture of a smile!) and cooing. And as for night? She wakes at 2 and 6am to eat, and goes back to sleep without a struggle.


She's holding her upper body up and steady, will mimic facial expressions, and is learning how to grab things. (Today she got her first handful of my hair.) And she loves being outside, looking around. Winter has bad timing, because I know she would absolutely love stroller rides through the neighborhood.

All of these changes seem like they've come so fast! They are exciting and fun, but remind me she's already out of the little newborn stage. Sometimes I wish there was a way to freeze time, pull my girls up on my lap, and spend forever cuddling them in a rocking chair. *sigh* She is turning 2 months on Wednesday, and in some ways it seems like such a short time. And other times, I feel like that makes her too old. Either way, I can't imagine things without her. We love you, babe!

2 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

Go ahead and brag!! She is worth it! What a darling kiddo!! They do grow too fast, way too fast, and it makes the poor mom go "When she get so big?!"

Mindy said...

I love the facial expression in the last picture, big eyes and cute little tongue on the lip. Precious!