Sunday, November 16, 2008

Mom, It's NOT Okay!

This weekend I invited Terri and Ashli to see the Madagascar movie with the girls and I. We stopped at McDonalds on the way and made an afternoon of it. At the movie, McKenzie had a little bit of a hard time sitting still through the whole thing, but we let her stretch her legs by standing in front of the empty seats near us. She thought the show was pretty funny, and I considered the outing a success. It was such a nice afternoon!

On our way out of the theater, McKenzie stopped walking and said, "Oh no!" She had spilled a little bit of her root beer on her sweater and had a horrified look on her face. I told her that it was okay, and we'd clean her up at home. She put a determined look on her face, told me "It's NOT okay!", threw her sweater on the floor, and stormed off with her arms folded and her chin stuck up high in the air.

It wasn't behavior I would encourage, but none of us could do anything because we were laughing so hard! What a little diva! She had the whole crowd in stitches.

If this is any hint of what we are in for when she's a teenager, I'm a little frightened! :)

1 comments:

Mindy said...

Funny girl! She sounds sassy, but fun!