Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I'm Baaaa-aaaack!

I've been absent from the blogging world lately, but it feels good to be back!

I've had some kidney problems for the last two weeks, but I think they are finally resolved. At first they were afraid a disease was shutting down my kidneys, but it turned out it was a kidney infection and kidney stones.

I'd been dealing with pains in my lower back, but didn't think much of them until my urine was suddenly solid red from blood. I'll spare you the potty details, but it was a little scary to see. My poor doctor has to be sick of our after hours visits. Why don't these things happen during the middle of the day?

After close to a week, the pain became unbearable. I lied on the couch crying from the pain. It felt so much like the back labor I had with Allison. I called my mom and asked her to help take care of my girls since Cris couldn't leave work. And then I cried for feeling like a failure and a looser mom who couldn't care for her own kids.

I downed the pain pills (which is unlike me. I only had one half of a percoset after having Allison) and started on prostate medicine. If that doesn't make you feel feminine, nothing will! I couldn't nurse the baby while on the drugs, so had to pump. Pumping isn't my favorite thing in the world, but it is SO much less fulfilling when you're dumping the milk down the drain. Ugh!

Luckily the worst pains only lasted for a day. The stone stuck in my bladder though for another 5 days, and I finally passed the stone yesterday. I had no idea how poorly I felt until it was over and my entire body relaxed. It feels good to be me again! And to not have doctors orders to drink a gallon of water a day!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Scary! I'm so glad to hear you are ok! I LOVED your mouse story, I'm really paranoid of mice too, I am so proud of you for killing the thing!

Amy said...

That is so sad! You poor thing! I had a kidney infection once and thought I was going to die, I can't even imagine what you've been through!