Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Two Nuts


My cousin gave us this cute peanut pail. One side for the peanuts, and one for the shells. (Or hulls, or whatever they're called!)
McKenzie likes peanuts, but had never had to open them up before, so it was new experience. She loves pistachios, but the shells are a little tough for her open. These were just right. When she cracked her first one open last month, she was shocked to find there were two nuts inside. She kept shouting "Mom! Two nuts! This one has two nuts! I win!" When I explained that all peanuts usually have two nuts inside, she thought it was the biggest treat! Now, just about every afternoon she calls out, "Mom! I want some 'two nuts' please!" I laugh every time!

1 comments:

Jess and Broadie said...

I am so glad you guys like the nut holder, I think they are so handy :-) and so cute about the two nuts!! Oh, and I forgot to tell you, Broadie absolutely loves the marshmellow shooter, I was really bumbed that we missed out seeing you guys on Christmas, but we had an absolute blast shooting each other with those things! That was the bestest idea ever!