Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mom!

My moms birthday was on the 22nd. As a surprise, my grandmother and I decided to kidnap my mom last week for a girls day out. Luckily, Malory was able to come up and tag along as well!

We picked up Grandma and all went to lunch at Pei Wei's, one of my favorite places! We gorged ourselves on the best Mongolian Beef and lettuce wraps! SO GOOD!




Then, we hit the mall for a little retail therapy, and ended the day with a trip to the spa. Mom and Grandma had never been before, and I've only adventured there once with my sister-in-law, Ashli - and that was an eye opening experience! Who knew that a facial included a mud bath and full body massage? We surely didn't, so we looked like spa geeks when we came out of the dressing room with our jeans on under our robes! LOL! Ashli and I weren't sure what to do - we didn't want to strip down and have them think we were spa-perverts!

Grandma, mom and I had booked massages a few weeks in advance, and they had told us that one of us were going to have a male masseuse. I should have never mentioned that detail to grandma! She stressed and worried, even though I assured her that she could have one of the ladies!

After we were dressed, we relaxed in the lounge area drinking fruit flavored waters and nibbled on treats. The room was so dark, and filled with running water fountains that made it very relaxing. They brought us warm neck wraps and soaked and scrubbed our feet. Then, it was off for the massage, and it was wonderful!

Grandma came out of the room beaming and said she almost felt like crying, being pampered so. She said she became so relaxed during the massage she must have dozed off, because she woke to the sound of her own snort! LOL!


It's always wonderful to spend the day with those amazing ladies. They are so strong and such excellent examples to me. I hope they enjoyed themselves, because they deserve it. Now, how many more months until the next birthday? I think we should start a tradition! LOL!

1 comments:

sarawhat said...

I want a spa day!! I'm coming in to town next month...maybe we should arrange babysitters. :)