Thursday, April 23, 2009

I didn't expect to have this conversation...

After preschool, McKenzie and I were playing on the floor together. Out of the blue, she started asking me questions about her body. Apparently, my three year old is anxious to get boobs, wear a bra, and feed a baby! Heaven help me!

Since she's still so young, we kept the conversation pretty basic. I told her that it's important for her to eat right, exercise and get lots of sleep so that one day she can become a woman too. She was intrigued by the thought that she could become a grown up woman, and wanted to know if boys could do the same thing. I explained that boys become men like daddy, and girls become women like mommy, which made her giggle with joy. Not wanting her to focus too much on it, I told her that she didn't need to worry too much about it because she still had lots of fun things left to do while she's still a child. Horrified, she stopped and yelled, "I'm not a child! I have hair! I am a mammal!"

4 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

You are killing me with these stories- you could write and entire book just with the things she says!!! I love them!

Jess and Broadie said...

Your daughters are so darn cute, I love the things they say! I can't wait until Allison starts having converstations with you too! Oh the things that will be said :-) kids are so great!

sarawhat said...

BAH hahaha. That is so funny. Good thing she knows she's a mammal. :)

Robbie and Mindy said...

So funny! Can you imagine when you have to give her the real "talk"? Scary! With all boys I'm passing that responsibility to daddy.