Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Soundtrack Of A Clean Bathroom

Today Allison went down for a real nap. Not one of her usual 15 minute cat naps, but a good, out for the count nap. AND McKenzie finished her lunch and ASKED if she could take a nap! At the same time! What the?! That left me with... what do you call it? FREE TIME! To like, actually get stuff done!

I had been lamenting over the sad state of my house, so I decided to dig it and get it cleaned up. I don't mind cleaning, but have to encorporate it with some good tunes. My zune mp3 player was dead, so I went to the bookshelf in our bedroom where we keep a lot of our CD's. I'm looking through it: Kansas, America, Skid Row, Bob Dylan, Guns and Roses, White Snake.... all Cris' music. I finally found Andrew Lloyd Webber. Perfect! But, when I opened the case up, it was empty. Ugh!

I can't say for certain, but I am pretty darn sure my husband hid it from me. A few weeks ago, I popped it into the CD player during a family house cleaning spree. McKenzie and I had a good time singing and play-dancing along to the Phantom of the Opera while we cleaned, but a very large vein was starting to pop out of Cris' forehead. As soon as I stepped out of the house to empty the garbage, my cd had been replaced with Bob Dylan. And I immediately turned off the music and ended the cleaning session. No matter how clean my house could have been, it was not worth the torture of Bo Jangles.

Somehow, all of my cd's end up getting packed up and sent down to the basement. Now, I'm not accusing anyone, but I know that I'm not doing it. And since there's a locked gate at top of the stairs, I'm pretty sure it wasn't the kids.

So, as I'm thumbing through the the stack of cd's, I come across the 1996 Grammy Nominee CD. We're talking: Seal, Hootie and the Blowfish, TLC, Alanis Morisette (angry Alanis, not the poetic one as of late) Brandy and Boyz II Men. Oh the memories!

I remember being in 8th grade, listening to this cd in my room while playing with my hair and make up. It was one of the first cd's I ever owned, and I totally thought I was cool. I'd sit and daydream about high school and boys and all sorts of foolish teenage girl stuff. Oh my.

So, here I sit, scrubbing the toilet and rocking out to Gangsta's Paradise. Honey, if the girls start quoting Coolio, it's not my fault. Blame the casper who keeps hiding my music! :)

2 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

i think the "ghost" whose been hiding your C.D.'s has also visited my house. Oddly enough- my husbands C.D.'s have YET to be affected by this "ghosts" activities.
Ah...Gangsta's paradise...the memories, the fun times. 8th Grade dances, WAHOO, Angry Alanis rocked out much more than miss poetry does...and HOOTIE- ah man I miss hootie...he sings country now...WEIRD!

Leeann said...

Gangster's Paradise! Holy crap I haven't heard that in forever! Time to go to itunes and download some "oldies" music! LOL