Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Vacation: The last few days

We spent the last few days on the boat enjoying some relaxation, taking in some shows, playing some games, and playing with the kids. McKenzie loved playing with the kids program the last few days, even if she refused to go the first few days. They played games, did crafts, had parades and parties, watched a circus and even played on a jungle gym. She was in heaven!

On Saturday, we got off of the boat in Los Angeles by 8:30am and rented a car (our flight home wasn't until 7pm) We had been looking for a place to waste a few hours that would entertain the kids. My brother suggested Knotts Berry Farm, and since I could get discounted tickets through my work, we decided to give it a try.

It took us a while to figure out there was an entire kids section (we wandered around all of the other rides first, telling a very sad and emotional McKenzie she was too small for each of them first. So sad) but once we got there, McKenzie loved it. She didn't have much sleep the night before and had a very busy week, so she was a little (okay, a lot) cranky. But we did manage to have a good time.

Her favorite was a big maze that had a bubble room in the middle of it. She came out drenched in bubbles and had to deal with wet shoes the rest of the day!


She also loved the bus ride. I took her once, but daddy had to ride at least 6 times!
And of course, a scrambler type ride.

After having such excitement and emotions, our ride home was not nearly as peaceful as the way there. Allison was exhausted and slept from takeoff to landing. McKenzie whined, argued and cried the ENTIRE flight home. Both mine and Cris' nerves were frazzled, and I'm sure a few other passengers as well. You could probably have heard us coming! To all of my fellow passengers, I am sorry. We tried our best! And considering the length and type of the trip, one meltdown day wasn't too bad, I suppose.

Anyway, it was a wonderful vacation. I loved being able to spend so much time with my family, my parents and my brother. Thank you mom and dad for the wonderful gift, we'll remember it forever!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I loved all of the pictures Stacy! It looks like you guys had a fabulous trip. I would love to go on a cruise on that amazing boat! And it looks like it is actually something kids can do, too!

Lacey Sue said...

SOOOO much fun!!!!! I love it!