Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Vacation Day Four: Mazatlan

The parts of Mazatlan we saw were not so nice. It was a really run down, dingy place. Maybe we didn't see the nice areas though, I'm not sure.
We booked a van to take us to the "golden zone" which was supposed to be the main beach and shopping area. I think it was the scariest ride of my life! Our van sped through narrow, congested roads, squoze between the smallest of spaces, and drove as though he expected everyone else to get out of his way. Luckily they did and we survived. Although, one golf cart full of people was almost not so lucky!



We walked down to the beach, which was quite nice. The girls loved it! McKenzies first reaction was anger at the sand in her shoes, but once we got them off, she was in heaven. She dug, and rolled and played in the sand (her dream was to build a sandcastle, ever since we started planning this vacation) And we had lots of fun in the water, too. Allison did her best to squirm off of the beach towel we had her on, and somehome managed to ingest large quantities of sand, no matter what we did to stop it.



There were jet ski rentals, banana boats, all sorts of peddlers, and people offering to take tourists parasailing. My grandma and sister went parasailing when they visited Matt and Sara in Florida, and it's been something I had wanted to try ever since. Cris had no interest in going, but my mom was game! We saddled up and went flying over the ocean - SO COOL! I was surprised it was such a smooth easy ride. I was a little afraid they'd drag me along the beach before take off, but I only had to take two steps before I started flying. And the landing was smooth and easy.




That's me sailing over the sail boats!

At the end of the day, we had sand everywhere. I washed our swimsuits in the sink at least 20 times, and still dont think I got all of the sand out! LOL! And washing a baby in the shower was an experience - very slippery! One thing I'm glad to have now that we're back is a bath tub for the kids. But, look at this picture, so worht it!

2 comments:

Amy said...

WOW its sooo beautiful! Did you have to go parasailing alone? Or was someone with you?

Stacy said...

We flew solo! I was hoping we could both go together, but they didn't offer it.