Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Vacation Day Three: Cabo San Lucas

Day three was our first port day. My parents and Cris wanted to try deep sea fishing. We tried to see if they'd let the girls go with us, but Allison wasn't allowed and they charged a huge fee for McKenzie. Not wanting to brave another country alone with two small children, I stayed on the boat. However, the view was still spectacular! I took a hundred photos of the famous rocks surrounding Cabo. The beaches were beautiful and the water was a bright blue. The girls and I spent the day in the pool. Oh so nice!

Meanwhile, the deep sea fishing boat caught a marlin that weighed 150lbs! And Cris reeled in a nice mahi mahi. My mom has the pictures, so I'll post those later.


Bob booked surfing lessons and had a ball giving that a try. He came back with a few nice scrapes he earned in a tangle with some rocks, but I don't think that dampened his spirits! See, he's even smiling in a picture! Will wonders never cease!

As the girls and I played in the sun, I was surprised how much McKenzie enjoyed the warmth. She climbed right up on a deck chair and layed out like a pro. I remember when she was done, she looked up me and told me "sometimes I like the sun. It makes my tummy warm." It think she may have been cooped up in the house too long this winter!



This is one of my favorite shots of Allison. I took it as we were getting ready to head to the pool. What a doll!




0 comments: