Thursday, April 16, 2009

Alli Poodle Monkey Bum

My dear, sweet little girl. Has it really been half a year already? Time seems to have flown by, but at the same time, I can't begin to imagine our lives without you. I have loved getting to know you and watching your personality develop.

Generally, you are a happy, easy going girl with lots of patience... until you see food. You love to experience new tastes and textures, and tend to protest loudly if the food isn't being offered to you fast enough. As soon as you smell dinner cooking, you make sure that the whole house doesn't forget about you.

One day, we decided to let you have a taste of a pickle, just to watch your expression and were surprised to see that you absolutely loved it! However, every time you taste mashed potatoes, you scrunch up your face like I'm feeding you something terribly sour. You are always surprising me like that.

You are getting very good with your hands, learning to pick things up, twist them and play with them. You always find a way to grab hold of my earrings, or yank on your sisters hair. But, the two of you have learned to play together, too. I started to cry the other day as I was driving while I listened to the two of you laughing together. You'd coo and babble, McKenzie would talk back to you and the two of you would break out into the biggest fit of laughter, over and over again. I hope the two of you continue to build a relationship of love and support for the rest of your lives.


You still aren't sleeping through the night yet. I know you could do it (because, you've proved it a few times) but I think that you love to cuddle so much, an entire night is too long to go without being squoze tight. I love the quiet time we get to spend together in the middle of the night. You are always so happy to see me; when I pick you up, you bounce in my arms in a little celebration! You have the sweetest coos when you talk to me at night - so soft and tender. Then, you doze off to sleep so softly and peacefully.

You have some of the most gorgeous eyes, just like your daddy. Everywhere we go, people stop to admire how big and beautiful they are. I ask that you keep them big and open - be aware of different experiences, new people, and change. Try new things, expand your horizons and explore. Remember that we love you and we will always be there for you, our beautiful, happy, sweet little girl.

1 comments:

MalMoore said...

Thats cute! I love the pics and everything. I feel Ive missed out on a lot with her, but I am still there in spirit. We love you guys keep chuggin a long. :D