Tuesday, April 14, 2009

We made it!

Yes, we did end up going on vacation! The flight to LA was cancelled, so we ended up booking with another airline. The flights cost a few hundred extra dollars, and left earlier in the morning, but we made it there! Whew!


As I had mentioned before, it was the first flight for both girls. I was a little nervous about the logistics of it all, but it ended up going quite well. Allison didn't make a peep the entire flight, and McKenzie was well behaved as well. (Although, when we were getting ready to land, she did start yelling "We're going to crash! We're going to crash!" We explained that the airplane would land just like the ones we watched at the airport earlier, so she changed her tune to "We're going to crash softly! At the airport!") Luckily the flight wasn't full, and we were able to sit in the back and have several rows to ourselves!

Because of the earlier flight, we did have to wait quite a while at the port before we were able to get on the boat. Once we finally got on, we went to a buffet on one of the top floors. McKenzie wasn't too hungry, but loved to watch out the big window at the ocean and the small boats going by. It really surprised me how much it interested her. But, after a minute, she quietly reached up to the table and grabbed a butter knife. She worked it into the belt loop on her pants and when I asked her what she was doing, she told me she was getting ready for the pirates!!! Where was my video camera when I needed it!
McKenzie eating ice cream. She usually only nibbles at food, but on the trip, she ate SO much! If only I had a buffet line in my dining room!

Cris at the life boat drill


McKenzie checking out the kids play area

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am glad you crashed Softly at the airport, if it would have been harder that would have put a kink in everyones vacation plans lol :D love ya

Amy said...

Wow I'm glad you guys got a flight and made it! I had been wondering what happened to you guys!