Thursday, April 2, 2009

We're still here!

My sister and I were talking the other day and she gave me a little grief for not updating my blog. Yes, the very same sister who updates her blogs quarterly. I explained that I had been reading through my past blog entries and realized that nearly all of my posts contain the description of some kind of bodily fluid, bodily function, or a big raving complaint. Not the best kind of reading material, eh? In an effort to expand my posting horizons, I have completely ran out of material! LOL!

There are a few things going on in our house, but none seem quite worthy of an entire post, so how bout a little update?

We are getting things ready to leave on our family cruise this weekend. I've been spending the last few days shopping for new summer clothes for the family, packing hordes of crap we'll probably not even touch, and getting primped. I got my hair cut, eyebrows waxed, and a pedicure (thanks for the gift certificate, Terri!). This will be our first real vacation as a family since... forever. We'll be dragging along 3 large suitcases, a carry on, a diaper bag, a great big stroller and two carseats. It should make for some great entertainment and some frazzled tempers by the time we actually reach check in. And since we have an early flight, we may be taking along a few cases of bed head and drowsy kids. (Hopefully not the tempers to match?) However, I can't describe how excited I am to see McKenzie experience her first plane ride, and all of the fun the boat has to offer.

Tomorrow I am taking McKenzie in for a speech test. And I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. She's made huge advancements lately, and has an amazing vocabulary. However, unless you are versed in the delicate language of Menzie, you can't understand what she is saying. If she needs help I will get it for her, but am I just being a worry wart with my first child? Or am I going to label her forever by enrolling her in a special needs program? I don't want to put her in a program that won't challenge her in other areas either. Right now she can recite her alphabet, her days of the week and can count to 20. I don't want her learning to stagnate. SO, I think we'll just have to have the assessment, see what they recommend, and make a decision from there. Anyone with experience with the Early Learning Center?

Cris and I have stayed good on our challenge to give up soda and sweets. I'm surprised it's gone on this far! Since I was already depriving myself, I decided to overhaul all of my eating habits and I'm finally starting to shed some baby weight! I can put on my pre-pregnancy pants - not that they are pretty yet. But a few more pounds will make me feel a whole lot better! And hopefully a few more after that!

My mom has had a problem with her upper eyelids covering most of her eye, to the point where it blocked a lot of her vision. She decided to have them fixed, and the doctors office suggested that she have them done before our trip because it was such a minor surgery. When she had it done on Tuesday, they couldn't get her numb. They used more numbing solution than usual, and had to continue with the surgery anyway. She said the cauterization was horrible - felt like a shock behind her eyeball. Because of the problems, her entire face is swollen, and can't open her eyes a lot of the time. She's a nice purple color too. Looks like she went a few rounds with Mike Tyson. I feel bad she's not going to be feeling the best on our trip.

In other news, Allison will be 6 months old tomorrow. I can't believe its been half a year! I'll dedicate an entire post to her half birthday... eventually. All I can say is, I can't imagine life without her.

I might update more tomorrow, but I make no promises! See you guys later!

0 comments: