Tuesday, April 21, 2009

First Word!

I'm sure you are not going to believe me, but Allison has started talking!

On Friday, I was eating a banana, and she was trying to get to it. I'd give her a little taste and say "banana" and after a few bites, she started repeating. Of course it was "anana", but I was shocked. I thought it was cute, but didn't quite think it counted as a first word.

But that night we put her in her high chair while we ate dinner. She kept eyeballing the food and crying out "ANANA! ANANA!" I hadn't yet told Cris about what I heard her say earlier in the day, so I was surprised when he told me that it sounded like she was asking for a banana! Then I started to wonder if she really was talking. We decided to see what happened the next day.

Sure enough, she kept it up! After work, I got out a banana, and she piped up right away. "Anana!" So, I decided to call it official! First word: April 17! She was 6 1/2 months old.

Now the word has changed to "nana" and it pretty much means "feed me"! So cute!

..........

Oh, and if you are wondering if I am feeling bad that her first word wasn't the traditional mama or dada, I'm not. I think it's incredibly fitting. First of all, food is her first love. She makes no attempts to hide it. I'm sure she'd dart into any strangers arms should he be holding a baby spoon.

Secondly, McKenzie didn't quite get it right either. Her first word was "mama", but thats what she called her daddy!

0 comments: