Monday, August 18, 2008

It's A Little Much

I've heard that bad things travel in groups of three. If thats the case, then there are several groups chasing us.

It just seems like there is so much bad news out there this month. So many deaths, sicknesses and other sad stories. In just the last few weeks we've had a cousin hospitalized with meningitis, an uncle diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer, an aunt with liver problems, a friend involved in an accident, and a co-worker was given two months to live. Now, I am getting ready for a funeral for another co-worker this afternoon in Twin Falls. It's all just a little much.

As I pray for these people we love, I am reminded how truly blessed our family is. And I am thankful. Sad, but thankful, too. Too often, I think we take our health and safety for granted. So today, I ask all of you, my bloggie buddies, to take extra good care of yourself and count your blessings as well. Be safe, be healthy, and of course, be happy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree that its been a little much. I am grateful for the good things we are enjoying. Love Aunt Jan

Jess and Broadie said...

WOW, lady thats a little much!! If you are going to Twin let me know we should meet up, thats pretty close to where I am at. I hope things get better for you, and your family and friends and co-workers!

Mindy said...

I hope things get better for you soon. It's true that when it rains it pours...