Thursday, August 28, 2008

Isn't It Ironic?

Yesterday I went into work to help train a few people on the evening shift. While I was there, they announced that I was named the associate of the quarter. I get a plaque, my picture on the marquee (BAH!), a gift certificate and a positive notation in my permanant record. BUT, by far, the most coveted thing the associate of the quarter gets is their very own parking space. Right by the front door! No more fighting with 200 other people to get a nice spot. No trudging through snow or blistering heat to find your car. Sounds cheesy, but really it will be very nice.

I'm sure I'll enjoy it for all 12 days I have left to work before I begin my leave of absense.

Argh!

2 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

Isn't that truly how life works, you get a brand new car...free..to wreck it a week later. You find the perfect dress, only not in your size...ironic is the perfect word! But CONGRATS anyways on the huge honors, you deserve it, and enjoy EVERY minute you get to use it!

Alison said...

Congrats! Let's just hope they don't also decide to resurface the parking lot in those 12 days! :)