Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Doctors Orders

Today McKenzie and I went to my OB appointment. My doctor was quite happy to let me know that for the first time my blood sugar levels look absolutely perfect, I have no signs of anemia, diabetes or kidney problems, and all other levels are pretty much the ideal numbers! He asked what I had changed in the last two weeks. I giggled a little, and told him the only thing I could think of was giving into my craving for cold Peanutbutter M&M's. (I've been keeping a bag of them in the fridge, grabbing a few every time I walk by - and probably eating way too many. But, to feel less guilty about it, I also have a big drink of water too. That totally makes up for it, right? lol!) And, now, by doctors orders, I am to keep eating the candy. Aparantly, they are the little boost of sugar my little nudger needs. So, my official diet: lots of carbs every two hours, snacks, non-diet soda with me whenever I leave the house, and lots of PB M&M's. I think I'll be able to comply, but it does make me wonder what type of horrible habits I'm creating for myself after these last 10 weeks are over. (HOLY COW - ONLY 10 WEEKS LEFT!!!!!) I guess we'll cross that bridge when it comes. Luckily, Golds Gym should be opening up 2 months after baby is due!

In other baby news, Allison has found a favorite spot to beat and abuse me - she really attacks one 2" spot over and over again with super-human strength. My right side has been so tender from the repeated kickings, that sometimes a swift jolt will make me cry out. Out of curiousity I asked my doctor what internal organ she could possibly be abusing to cause such a strong pain right there, and he brushed it off a little saying that sometimes things just get tender. Then, while he was measuring my stomach, he witnessed one of her BIG kicks that took my breath away and took me a little more serious. He felt around a little and decided she has made a pretty good sized bruise on my large intestine and the uterine wall was more than likely bruised as well. The good news is it's nothing super important, like a liver or a kidney, right? ;) Bad news: the only cure is delivery. And she's only going to get stronger. Whhhhhaaahhhhaaa!

10 weeks seems SO close. Today I am really hoping they go by quickly. Of course, I can't wait to have my daughter in my arms.... but today I am feeling a little selfish. I am tired of hurting, of waddling, of being tired, and being big. I want my body back. And I can't wait to have a newborn, so I can FINALLY get some much needed sleep. LOL!

3 comments:

Leeann said...

I didn't know Alison is due the same day as McKenzie! That is so cute!
Okay, how do I get a hold of your doctor? I need a diet like that...geez. LOL
When do we get an updated baby bump picture, hmmmm?

Amy said...

Have your already forgotten that once the baby is born you won't get ANY sleep for a few months! Crazy how we forget. And I always loved that answer, "The only cure for (blank) is delivery!" Oh, geez thanks doctor! I'm glad you're doing well and don't get too worried, it will go by SO FAST. That's only 10 more weekends of work for you!

Mindy said...

Fun for you... I'm currently in the newborn sleep deprivation stage, and although I would never opt to stick him back inside the womb, I sure do miss sleeping through the night! I hope the remaining time goes fast!