Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Picture Update

I havent been so good updating the pictures on my blog. Cris' work was nice enough to give us a lot of free passes to all sorts of attractions in the valley so we've been rather busy testing all of the venues out. I keep accumulating pictures thinking I will post them later, but haven't gotten it done until now.



Ashli, Terri and I took McKenzie to the Tooele County Fair. They had a petting zoo, displays and a few rides. She absolutely loved this inflatable slide and the scrambler ride.







Cris, his mother, his sister, and McKenzie used their free pass to the zoo one of the past few weekends. Ashli was nice enough to send me a bunch of pictures from the day and it looks like they had a lot of fun! I had to choose this picture, though, because she's had her photo taken by this statue every year and I can't believe the changes in my little girl!



Cris also took McKenzie to the fair while I was at work (don't you love the split family time? If people didn't know us better they may assume we have split custody of our daughter!) She LOVED this scrambler ride, and I love how this picture show the attention Cris is giving McKenzie. Aww.

McKenzie also danced with her dance group at the county fair. I had stopped taking her to dance lesssons because she had lost interest, but my mother in law didn't want her to miss out on Ashli's last few teaching lessons. She became interested again, and was able to preform with the team. And guess what! No tears this time!
Another one of our free passes was to the Museum of Natural History at the U of U. I invited Terri to go with us, not knowing how McKenzie would feel about a museum (but choosing it since it was indoors and air conditioned), but it turned out great! McKenzie loved it so much more than I ever expected! We also had lunch at Hires Big H, something that my mom would do with me when I was little for a special treat. She really liked the food there, and even though it seems nutty to get emotional over a fast food place, it felt special passing on a little "tradition" from my family.

Cris also took McKenzie to the childrens museum, which she always loves. This picture almost makes me want to get her a pet chicken! Almost.
Yesterday we used our discount passes to go to Lagoon. My parents and my brother went with us and we had SO MUCH FUN! McKenzie did well, and I think we all enjoyed her enthusiasm. This picture is from the tilt-o-whirl, which may have been her favorite ride. (Anything that spun was a favorites, but anything that made her think she was going to fall scared her to death!)

Other favorites: musical express, rattlesnake rapids and the scrambler.

This is from the Tidal Wave ride - before it started. (Did I mention that the falling feeling scared her?) Had I posted the pictures of the ride in motion, you would have seen one terrified toddler trying to bury herself into mommys side.
She liked the merry-go-round, too - although I wasnt a big fan. It was probably the longest line of the entire day. The frustrating part was even though the lines were HUGE, they didnt once fill the ride to full capacity, giving me a bit of a nervous twitch.

After the rides, we all hung around the midway playing carnival games. It was SO MUCH FUN! I had gone only expecting to get a few hours in before McKenzie got tired or my mom and I couldnt handle the heat any longer, but we all stuck it out, and I am so glad we did!

This pic is probably a month and a half old. Terri shared it with me from our trip to Chuck E Cheese. Cris and McKenzie love this place: Cris because he drools over their pizza, and McKenzie because she gets to carry her own "money" (aka tokens) and push all the buttons she wants.








1 comments:

Leeann said...

While you know that I think that McKenzie is absolutely adorable and precious....I was hoping for an updated belly pic...why you holding out? HMMMM?