Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Promiscuous Toddler? I think not!

The other day we received a letter from our insurance company saying that they wanted us to refund money they paid on an unelligible prescription claim for McKenzie back in June. Cris and I couldn't remember filling a prescription for her recently, so we were a little baffled.

Today while Grandma Terri took McKenzie to dance and lunch, I had some free time to call the company and see if I could figure things out. They investigated the claim number and said it was for Yaz, the birth control pill. What the?!? My daughter is TWO YEARS OLD! Did I miss an important part of her growing up? Do I really have a promiscuous toddler? I think not!

They said they couldn't do anything to remove the claim, since it had already been paid to the Albertsons pharmacy and suggested I try them. I'd only used that pharmacy once over a year ago, so I was really confused.

When I called, the pharmacy tech told me it was just a billing problem and they would reissue the claim in my name. I told her I was 7 months pregnant, and there was no way I had filled a birth control prescription in June. My two year old certainly didn't do it. And I'm all for hoping my husband didn't either. If he did, I think I may have a much bigger problem than I initially thought.

After much haggling and debate with the manager, they finally agreed to rescind the claim. Or at least that's what they said they'd do... we'll see. Personally, I am bracing myself for a huge headache. Ugh!

1 comments:

Leeann said...

LOL That is the FUNNIEST freaking thing, I have ever heard of. That is a major screw up!