Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Excited for Christmas!



I think I have officially caught the Christmas Spirit! There is always something about the first snowfall that signals the Holidays are on their way. It's funny, but until I see the white stuff, I can't even begin to prepare for Christmas!

Cris and I took McKenzie to her dance class yesterday, and when we got done, there was an inch of snow on the ground. McKenzie was so excited! (Yeah, I was too, I admit it!) As soon as we got home we tore into the boxes of Christmas decorations and buried the house in all sorts of holiday paraphernalia. It was great. Cris even helped me dig the tree out, and McKenzie danced and sang (nonstop for 20 minutes) while we set it up and arranged the branches. She's starting to recognize Santa now, so I am delighted to see her through the coming month enjoy this time of year. Christmas has always been great, but children definitely make it better. Since we have had McKenzie each year tops the last, so I can't wait to see whats in store for us now! I am excited to start an advent calendar with her, talk about Rudolph and read her books about baby Jesus. So much to show her - where do I begin?!

We didnt get the ornaments on the tree last night (got to late for Miss Thing) and tonight we'll be at a party. But, maybe Thursday! I can't wait! I'm sure Cris will be taking pictures, so I will be sure to share!

2 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

Your daughter is GORGEOUS! She looks just like you! What a darling doll! I got all my Christmas stuff up this week as well, but didn't feel the "spirit" of it all till last night! Watching that snow come down, my heart started fluttering (literally, I thought it was a heartattack hehehe) and I got all pumped for the holidays!!!

Amy said...

Oh my heck, McKenzie's smile is adorable! I have to admit, I was feeling a little something last night watching the snow, too. But I also know that any decorations I get out I'll have to put back, and we're going to be in California for Christmas, so... I haven't decided if I'll get anything out, yet!