Friday, September 12, 2008

Birthday Fun

I am lucky to have such a wonderful family who makes me feel so special! Last night, the entire Madsen clan got together to celebrate mine and my brothers birthday. Originally, it was going to be just Bob, Malory and I going out for lunch at the Olive Garden, but it quickly grew into a family dinner. I was actually surprised because Devin and Cris don't like the OG, and my father refused to try it. But, everyone ended up going and having a really great time - and we didn't have to beg dad at all. In fact, he kind of invited himself along! The food was great! (Minus my father gagging down his steak which was still frozen in the middle. Not a good first time OG experience) It was nice because we had a big enough group, they gave us our own private room. We took our time and had so much fun together. And thanks to Sharons recommendation years ago, I am still addicted to the black tie chocolate mousse cake. I was too full to eat it there, but you better believe I took a slice home with me! Yum!
Today, during my pedicure (which you can read about below) Cris took McKenzie shopping for my birthday. He'd already bought me a Wii Fit (YAY!) but wanted something McKenzie could give me all by herself. He took her to the dollar store and let her pick out anything she wanted. She came home SO proud and excited! It was fun to watch her help me unwrap everything and explain to me what it was. Here's what she picked: a set of bath loofas, Care Bear playing cards, Tropical Lily hand lotion, a hair brush, and set of three fish bath toys. The fish toys and loofas did make me laugh - she had told me just this morning that my bath tub was sad because it didn't have any toys. Here's a picture of her and I after we opened up her gift.


Then, if that wasn't enough, my in-laws took us out to dinner. We had great Chinese food and then went to their house for gifts and ice cream cake. What a perfect birthday! Thank you to my wonderful family for spoiling me so much!

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Happy Birthday!

Amy said...

Sounds like it was a great day! Happy belated Birthday!!!

Kylee said...

Hey Stacy, Happy Birthday. From Kylee and Shelly. It's great you are having fun and getting pampered a little. So You are past the sick stage and to the uncomfortable stage? It will all be worth it soon! We are on our count down to Jordan's wedding. Oct 20th is their celebration. Love you! Hey, we were just noticing how grown up Mckenzie is looing in the pictures. You will soon be realizing just how much when the new little one gets here.

Leeann said...

I didn't realize our birthdays were so close! Happy Birthday!