Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Pregnancy Stuff

I've been having strong contractions all afternoon. They aren't regular enough to signal labor, just annoying and tiring. Ugh. It makes thinking about possibily waiting 3 more weeks for this baby seem unbearable. But, maybe thats just because I'm not one to handle surprises or the unplanned well. I want to know when and where and have a plan and everything organized just so. I know, dream on, it wont happen that way.

I've also been very busy this last week running here and there. In the back of my mind repeats my worst fear "what if my water breaks now?" I am scared to death that could happen. I can see it now, in the middle of the grocery store, my cart overfull with groceries and gush! Not something I want to experience. Yes, because of the embarassment factor, but also because when I had McKenzie they broke my water and as soon as they did I went from being dialated to a 6 to complete and ready to push in a matter of just a few short minutes. If I my water breaks while Cris is at work, I'm worried I may not have enough time to wait for his 1 hour drive home and our 1 hour trip into the hospital. Of course, labor never goes as fast as you worry and I'll probably have hours and hours to spare. But, that doesnt stop the nagging worry in the back of my mind.

So, to all of you mommies out there, did your waters ever break outside of the hospital? Any embarassing stories? Something to show me life goes on and labor pains quickly make you forget to be worried about silly things like the puddle you left in aisle 8? Please share!

2 comments:

Leeann said...

Nope...I've had all of mine broken by the wonderful staff in the hospital.
Only "embarassing" thing, is that I produce A LOT of amniotic fluid. Like, tidal waves. All over the bed, all over the floor...all down my friend's leg. Yeah...it ever breaks in public and someone may drown!

Mindy said...

I had a sensation that my bag of waters was leaking a week before I had Owen. The doctor checked but said she didn't think so. A week later I went in and said the same thing, this time the nitrosene test strip came out black, meaning fluid was present, so it was probably leaking over a week. They don't send you home when you are only 36 weeks, dilated to 5cm and leaking fluid, so we had him that day! I was always having nightmares about my water breaking though. Lucky for me I just sprung a leak instead of having the gush!