Thursday, September 18, 2008

Random Updates

I think I am losing some of my nesting ability. Sure, I still have the overwhelming desire. But, I'm feeling a little too much like a beached whale to accomplish much. The baby has dropped lower (all on Sunday night. Ouch!), giving me the wonderful waddle and things are becoming harder to do. It's a conflicting situation, feeling this need to run around and prepare, but being too tired and sore to get much of it done. I think I am ready - come on baby!

On Tuesday night I was making myself nuts, so we decided to go for a drive. We went up middle canyon after dinner, and I am really kicking myself for not taking the camera. The leaves were just beginning to turn colors and looked so beautiful! McKenzie had fun spotting deer and pointing out wild turkeys. Cris took us to the top of the mountain and we looked into the copper pit. It was a gorgeous drive and a perfect little family outing. I'm so excited for fall!

Yesterday I had a doctors appointment. After feeling so uncomfortable this week, I had started to pack my hospital bag just in case. I went in to the appointment hoping the doctor would tell me that magically I was already in labor and the baby would be born that night. Of course I knew different, but a girl can hope right? When the doctor came into my room, he mentioned that he could tell the baby had dropped and said that he was ready to deliver tonight and "get this show on the road". But, I was disappointed to learn that I was only dialated to a 1.5. (Sigh) I really dont have room to complain, considering I am still only 36 weeks along, but as most of you know patience is not my strong suit. I am proud of myself, though, for not begging for pitocin! LOL!

Until little missy decides to make her debut, I'll be waddling around the house, working on one small project at a time and resting in between. McKenzie is loving it though, because when I stop for a minute I can't resist her request to read books. We're getting close to 30 in per day! Whew! I'm also planning on going to the scrapbook expo tomorrow with Terri and Ashli, so that should be lots of fun. I'll post the details later.

1 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

I hate that part of it. The waddle, you already feel EXTREMELY uncomfortable, but now everyone can SEE your uncomfortable. Icky situation!