Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Today McKenzie and I decided it would be fun to have a picnic. Somehow we coerced Grandma Jodi, Grandpa Ken and Uncle Bob to go with us. We swung by Subway to order sandwiches (hey, it was an impromptu trip, okay!) and headed up South Willow Canyon. The leaves were absolutely gorgeous! It was so nice to enjoy the perfect fall air and take in the beautiful scenery. We threw rocks in the creek (and Bob fell in while showing off), picked leaves of every color from the trees, and even saw some wild turkeys.

Unfortunately, my planning was lacking and I didn't bring a camera along for the ride. (sigh) The leaves are turning quickly this year, so I'm hoping to have time this week to get McKenzie back in the canyons for some fun fall snapshots.

Days like today make me thankful for where we live. I love having mountains and canyons so close by. I love being able to enjoy four distinct seasons, and I'm also so thankful to have my family close by, and (usually) willing to tag along on my little adventures. What a perfect afternoon.


1 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

Know what's funny? As I was driving to the Willow elementary school to drop Aspen off for school, I saw your parents and Bob leaving your parents house..I bet they were headed off to meet you for your cute little picnic!
I too am thankful for our gorgeous little area to live!