Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas Candy

Yesterday my Aunt Jan invited my mom, sister, McKenzie and I to her house to make Christmas candy with her, Grandma Dona, Jessica and Kaitlyn. It was fun getting all the girls together, and Grandma Dona even shared her secrets to better english toffee (which does involve burning your fingers just a bit!) We all had a great time, and I hope we can do it again next year. New tradition perhaps?





















Here's the whole crew


Part way through the day we had a little scare. McKenzie fell off of the couch and bonked her cheek pretty good. She knocked the wind out of herself and had a hard time getting that first breath back. She passed out from not breathing for just a second, and I freaked out a little bit. What a helpless feeling to be holding your baby and watch her eyes roll back in her head and go limp! BAH! Not something I want to experience again. But after some cuddle time, and close observation, she's just fine. I thought she was going to have a pretty good bruise on her cheek, but its not bad at all - in fact, I dont think she can feel it. I ask her to show me her owie and she points to a little scratch on her hand or to the wrong cheek. Kids are so resiliant!

0 comments: