Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Dance Recital

Yesterday was McKenzie's first dance recital. She was soooo excited to dance on the stage. Well, at first. She kept telling me how she was going to do her "boogie up, down, star!" We waited backstage for her performance, but as the time got closer, she got anxious. She started to cry a little and told me she was all done. The teacher tried to cheer her up with a candy and said she would get her on stage. I made it to my seat just in time for her group to start. McKenzie bawled through the entire song. She had pink drool from the candy running down her chin. She looked soooo sad. When it was over I tried to calm her down in the hall, but she was still so upset. Her face was red and blotchy and she kept saying she was scared. I told her she was all done and she instantly stopped crying and was happy again. As I waited in the hall I thought maybe she was too young to dance and that I should wait a while. It was so sad.

After the other groups danced, the girls all got trophies. McKenzie was so proud of hers and was excited to go on stage to get it. They were giving out the awards in the center of the stage, and McKenzie went to the side and did her dance then. It was adorable! After the whole shindig was done, she did her dance on the stage again with Ashli at least three times and had a ball. I guess she does love it, but had a little stage fright!

Cris got the whole thing on video. I'll see if he has time to upload it tonight so I can post a clip. He also has my camera, so the pics will have to come a little later, too. Stay tuned...

1 comments:

Amy said...

I can't wait to see the pics. Matt's parents paying for dance lessons and are getting Mae everything she needs for dancing lessons for Christmas! So I need to find a place to take her, starting in January. Where do you go and how much $$? You can write me back in email if you'd rather. amers00@gmail.com