Friday, February 22, 2008

100 Things About Me

I've always admired Leann's blog and find lots of ideas and inspiration from her. One of the things that she did was list 100 things about herself. Since I read that post months ago, I have been wanting to try it. It was a lot more difficult than I thought, and it took me two days to get it done. So, it may be a little rough, but here it is:

  1. I never thought being a mom would be so much fun!
  2. Or so much work.
  3. In high school I didn’t think my brother and I would ever get along. I was wrong.
  4. I am lactose intolerant, but refuse to give up chocolate ice cream (especially Rocky Road. Yum!).
  5. Each time I eat ice cream, I am in so much pain I vow to never touch the stuff again. Then I break that vow a couple weeks later. (That pain is worse than labor pains!)
  6. I dream of singing on stage, but have absolutely NO talent for it.
  7. I love making digital movies, and then corner my extended family and make them watch them with me.
  8. I am frightened of trains. (yes, I know that it’s weird)
  9. I would rather pick up a mouse or a snake than a teeny tiny spider. EEEEK!
  10. Shiny spiders scare me more than hairy ones. Go figure?
  11. When I start reading a book, I can’t do almost anything else until it’s done.
  12. I am really insecure and constantly worry about what other people think of me.
  13. I hated commuting into Sandy for my last job, but secretly liked my alone time driving to work in the morning with the radio on loud.
  14. I talk to my mom on the phone at least once a day.
  15. I don’t like breakfast foods for breakfast. I’d rather open a can of Campbell’s soup some days.
  16. I drink very few soda drinks, but have a hard time resisting a Pepsi from a fountain machine.
  17. One of the main reasons I want to finish our basement is so I can have room for big family gatherings at our house.
  18. I HATE clutter.
  19. Every room in my house could be spotless, but my home office is always cluttered.
  20. I love to vacuum.
  21. I hate dusting.
  22. I’m tired of playing Canasta with my parents, but do it to make my dad happy.
  23. I am closer to my father than I ever dreamed I would be when I was growing up.
  24. I rarely eat leftovers.
  25. I only drink bottled water, and it has to be cold. (Sorry environment)
  26. I don’t like sodas from a bottle.
  27. I’ve never eaten at a public restaurant alone.
  28. I want to go back to Belize and spend a week seeing all the sights I missed on our last trip, but then worry I’ll be missing out on some new part of the world I could have seen instead.
  29. I admire my mothers “we’ll work it out” attitude.
  30. I am a little nervous about being able to juggle two kids while grocery shopping.
  31. I love to scrapbook.
  32. I love showing McKenzie new things.
  33. I’ve wanted to paint the living room for over three years, but never even start.
  34. I have a hard time picturing my life in 10 years.
  35. I enjoy sitting at my dining room table watching the deer on the mountain.
  36. I am a worrier.
  37. Excluding childbirth, I have never been in the hospital.
  38. I don’t mind doing laundry….
  39. I just hate putting it away!
  40. I like cooking new recipes, but get discouraged because Cris doesn’t like change.
  41. I love to rearrange the furniture in my house.
  42. My family likes to tease me about having a big nose.
  43. I love Christmas; especially now that I have an excited daughter to share the magic with.
  44. I usually order the same thing from a restaurant because I know what to expect.
  45. I was more depressed than I knew after our miscarriage 5 years ago. My heart was broken and I was in a dark funk. It was the only real rough patch in our, otherwise, great marriage.
  46. I get excited every day when I go to check the mail. Even though I know it’s only bills waiting for me.
  47. I don’t eat ‘questionable’ food, but am proud that I ate chicken cooked in the middle of the rainforest by the locals in a shack without walls. And it was good!
  48. I am claustrophobic.
  49. I love to play practical jokes.
  50. I don’t like coffee.
  51. I don’t function on little sleep.
  52. I never felt a desire to go to college, despite having over $50,000 dollars in scholarships I walked away from.
  53. I hate being cold.
  54. I don’t like being wrong.
  55. I’m half-duckfooted - my right foot turns out when I walk.
  56. I love laughing so hard your cheeks hurt.
  57. I like adventure.
  58. I’ve been: bungee jumping, helmet diving, and went on a zip line through the jungle canopy in Central America.
  59. I don’t like spending every evening at home, so I drag my family somewhere to visit someone, run an errand or for a drive, once or twice a week.
  60. I love homemade bread.
  61. I have never been on an actual diet.
  62. I don’t think I could live somewhere without mountains.
  63. I can’t stand having the shutters on the windows closed in our living room – even at night.
  64. I wait to water my houseplants until they start to droop, because I like to see them bounce back after I finally give them a drink. (Weirdly enough, they are surprisingly healthy. I think they like the torture)
  65. I love, love, love it when my daughter calls me “mommy”.
  66. The only canned vegetable I like is corn.
  67. I have one crooked tooth that has always bothered me.
  68. My husband and I cuddle before we fall asleep, but just before we doze off we roll apart and don’t like to touch each other.
  69. I hate socks.
  70. I think I may be addicted to chapstick.
  71. I have never smoked a cigarette.
  72. I have never been drunk.
  73. And I have never tried drugs.
  74. I can’t take cold medicine – even the non-drowsy formula makes me incredibly loopy and knocks me out cold for most of the day.
  75. I had to take prostate medication (for kidney stones). That was a fun prescription to fill!!!!
  76. I was 18 when we were engaged.
  77. I am a morning person.
  78. I love fresh vegetables.
  79. I get frustrated when people don’t know how to use a 4-way stop.
  80. I’ve never ridden a jet ski.
  81. I love waking up to new snowfall.
  82. I love to nap in the sunshine.
  83. I like chewing gum, but only half a piece at a time.
  84. No matter how hard I try, I can’t get a tan.
  85. Compared to my in-laws, I feel like I have big feet. (I wear a size 8)
  86. I don’t like cheese.
  87. I love the feeling of solidly hitting a softball in the middle of a game.
  88. I physically can’t sleep in past 8 o’clock anymore.
  89. Every woman in my family eats toast smeared in peanut butter with chocolate milk for breakfast every morning. I like it, but it’s something I don’t make for myself. I only have it when I am at my moms in the morning.
  90. I’ve never been to Yellowstone, but am hoping we can go this summer.
  91. I like fruit juice.
  92. Playing hymns on the piano helps me relax.
  93. I miss going to church, so working on Sundays is difficult.
  94. I want to build a huge fort/swing set in our back yard for our kids.
  95. I love checking my email.
  96. I am shy when it comes to making new friends.
  97. I think my dad can do anything.
  98. I easily trust people.
  99. A man died in my arms when I stopped to help at a car accident scene.
  100. I felt that mans spirit leave his body, and it changed my life forever.

1 comments:

Leeann said...

I love it!
Don't do Yellowstone in the summer, it's too crowded. Go snowmobiling in the winter. It's beautiful!!