Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Time Flies

I was going through the computer today, burning pictures to CD's and deleting them from my hard drive. It was fun browsing through the snapshots and smiling at the memories. I opened the folder from our vacation, and realized one year ago, to this very day, I was exploring the bottom of the ocean in Cozumel. I had been so excited to try helmet diving (I was a little nervous trusting myself to breath out of a tube and try scuba) When I started entering the water, the weight of the helmet (75 pounds) was crushing me and I started to panic that I wouldn't be able to breath. I tried to remain calm and not make a scene. I lowered into the water and my ears felt like they would explode! I couldnt get them to pop no matter what I did! I remember being under water, and having a tear trickle down my cheek, under the helmet (claustrophobia) and wanting to get out. Then Cris joined me underwater, grabbed my hand, and we began our underwater, awkward, trek and everything was okay. It was an amazing experience, feeding the fish, picking up star fish and enjoying the warm bright blue water. Excluding our time in Belize, it was one of the highlights of the trip. I am glad I stayed strong and tried it, but am more glad Cris was there to encourage me through it and enjoy it with me. Oh, and feel free to laugh at the flattering picture! HAHA!

2 comments:

sarawhat said...

That is a GREAT picture. One for the frames. Love it.

Leeann said...

What a fun adventure!