Tuesday, February 26, 2008

It's Official!


I just got back from my first OB appointment. After sufficient amounts of poking, prodding, and draining about 3 gallons of blood, the doctor says everything looks textbook perfect. Wahoo! Then, he had to tell me a 20 minute story of his unsuccessful elk hunt last year. Yes, while I was still only wearing a sheet. That was fun! My doctor is funny. When I was expecting McKenzie, he decided to take up taxidermy as a hobby. He delighted in showing us pictures of a deer foot lamp he was making (I'm not joking). Today Dr. Stowers was pretty sad Cris couldnt come to the appointment (he never missed one of McKenzies) because he needed some "man talk" to get him through his day. How funny, but it kind of makes me wonder how someone like that becomes a womans doctor? Anyway, passing the first OB check feels like some milestone. I think I will take my grab bag of sample vitamins, iron supplements and stool softeners and go celebrate! Hahaha!

2 comments:

Leeann said...

I go to Dr. Stowers, too!!! Wouldn't it be nice if we could carpool???? *wishing*

Sharon said...

So how far along are you? Congrats again! That is so exciting!