Thursday, April 17, 2008

Catching up...

So, I've been a little absent from life lately. I'm living the life of a leper - I am sick, tired, and tired of being sick! Generally I am a healthy person. I go two or three years without seeing a doctor (pregnancy excluded). But, since Cris switched jobs, we are using a high deductable insurance/Health Savings Account, until his really good plan kicks in the first of June. I was so excited to open this HSA account, because it only costs a few bucks a month, and my work automatically deposits $1200 into the account when I open it. Then, pre-tax I deposit more funds, and the company matches up to another $1200. I figured I could easily save up $4000 to pay for all of our labor and delivery fees the insurance wouldnt cover, and then some. It was solid gold! But, do you think any perfect plan ever works out perfectly? Not for me. The minute our old insurance was toast, the germs surrounding me went on hayday, and my immune system went on strike. For the second time, the sinus infection is back... or may have never completely left. The infection has spread through my neck, swelling my glands, making it impossible to swallow, and turning my head brings tears to my eyes. He also said that I don't quite have pneaumonia, but I am knocking on its doors. Oh, and I can't keep anything down. Minus a few saltine crackers and a small bowl of soup, food isnt staying with me for more than 45 minutes. (45 minutes allows some time for necessary food absorbtion, right?)

Dr. Darin usually seems me, but this time I wound up with Dr. Holt. It'd been years since I had seen him. He was kind in treating me, giving me the absolute safest class B medications safe for pregnancy. But, then, he inserted a little guilt trip. He handed me the prescriptions, said they were the safest there were, but said that still, the only safe thing to take while pregnant is prenatal vitamins. He told me to take the scripts, think about it, and decide whether I should fill them or not. Tell me that doesnt suck! I go to him in my darkest hour, unsure if death is certain, or if I am just praying for it, and he lays on the guilt trip. Sure, sure, its his job, but... THATS NOT WHAT I NEEDED! I want nothing more than a healthy baby, I'll sacrifice anything for it. But... I need to be alive to do it, right? I filled the two prescriptions ($160 bucks later - no generics available for the safe stuff, ya know!) and am refusing to allow myself to feel guilty. I keep telling myself that no baby can do well when the moms body is full of infection right? That cant be good, right? Feel free to leave incouragings notes here! LOL

In other news, I dropped my parents off at the airport today. They were going to have my brother do it, but I begged him to let me do it. I think I needed to do something, accomplish anything, and get out of the house. So... there, I did one thing today! Anyway, my parents friends gave them the trip to their super fancy time share in Maui because they didnt have the time to use it. THEN, they said they had an overload of skymiles they could never use up and sent them plane tickets too! That's what I call a vacation! Needless to say, I am enjoying imagining my father walk the beach in his work shoes, long pants and long sleeve shirts. Yup, that what he packed! He said he wears the same type of thing everyday and there was no need to buy a new wardrobe for one week. He also said he didnt want to look like a yuppy in shorts and a fanny pack. Thats my dad! (I won't be offended if you are giggling now)

Tomorrow I am supposed to help teach a class at the scrapbook expo in Sandy. It's only for 2 hours, then Terri, Ashli and I will spend the rest of the time buying way too much stuff and having a good time scrapping. We'll spend the night at a hotel near the expo, and repeat the activities on Saturday. I've been worried about feeling well enough to go, so I am trying to stay busy this afternoon to prove to myself I can handle it - as long as our table isnt far from the restroom. I'm not worried about being contagious, the antibiotics should cover that, but I am worried about keeping my mother-in-law and sister-in-law awake all night. Cris tells me that since my sinus' have been in turmoil I am a VERY noisy sleeper. He says some of the sounds are absolutley inhuman and he would never imagine them coming from me. (I wonder how he really feels?) I want to doubt the truth in his statements since he has never once woken me up to quiet me down, but I think I may have woken myself up once or twice and know better. Boy do I feel appealing and feminine!

One more thing, here is an exerpt from mine and McKenzie's conversation on the way to pick up my parents this morning.

McKenzie: Mom! Look! Birdies!
Me: Yes, they are digging up worms and spiders for breakfast.
McKenzie: Eat spiders??? (a little traumatized)
Me: Yes, birdies eat bugs. They think they are tasty. But we dont eat them because that would be gross.
McKenzie: Yeah!!! Nasty, too!
a few seconds pass
McKenzie: (in a scared voice) Mom? Me no eat spider, okay? Me good girl.

1 comments:

sarawhat said...

Sorry you're so sick!!! I agree though....your baby would do better in a well body that needed a few antibiotics to get that way then it would in a sick body that can't get better. Hope you feel better soon!