Friday, April 25, 2008

Waiting for May

I had my OB appointment this week. It was a normal weight/blood pressure/pee check - with the plus of hearing the baby's heartbeat. Nothing exciting to report. BUT, I did get to schedule my utlrasound! It's still weeks away, but at least I know the date and can sit and wait anxiously for the appointment. Maybe it's silly, but I am really excited to know who's growing in there! My father says we will be ruining lifes biggest surprise, but I don't think I can function not knowing if we're having a boy or girl. I am ready to stock up on cute baby clothes, paint the new bedroom (goodbye home office) and get the other fun preparation things done. Besides, when I day dream of holding my little baby in my arms, I can imagine it in greater detail! So, the date is set for May 20. Forgive my anxious twitch until then!

Also exciting, (and I can't believe I haven't posted this until now) is that I felt the baby for the first time on Saturday. It was a big, strong kick, which surprised me. Since then I've felt the normal "butterfly flutters" I would expect at this stage, but I can't get over the huge kick I felt that day. It made me smile, and felt like a little reassurance from the baby saying "I'm okay mom!" (especially since I felt bad about taking the medication I posted about earlier)

My tummy is definitely showing, I'm feeling healthier and am ready for the pregnancy glow to kick in. Life is good.

4 comments:

Jess and Broadie said...

I loved this post. ... really cute .. you can tell the mommy pregnancy glow is already shining :) Congratualations again, I am so excited for you, and I think its a boy .... :)

Leeann said...

I am so happy for you! How fun to be planning your ultrasound! I guessed another girl...but either way...what's the name???

Sharon said...

Yay! That is so great! Feeling the first kick is one of my all-time favorite life moments! I guess another girl, because A) you'll save $$ on clothes and B) I loved having sisters growing up! But a boy will be wonderful, of course! Win-win either way!

Kylee said...

hey! I am so excited for you! i think she will be a gorgeously glamerous and glittering girl! It's cool that the baby is kicking hard now! i think that would be one of my favorite parts of pregnancy (don't worry...I will wait a LONG time until I experience that myself) I just think it wouldn't feel so great getting a kick in the ribs.....do you like getting to eat whatever you want and get away with it? Is Kenzie super excited?